The 87th Texas Legislature is under way! Under normal circumstances, the process is intense and implications from the pandemic have complicated this even more. This has left many Texans wondering what they can do to help advance cannabis legislation. Here are a few things you and your networks can do to prep for the session:
- Fill out our activist survey. This will subscribe you to our email list so that you get the most up to date and targeted information about legislation, hearings, events, and more.
- Review and bookmark our page on filed legislation. Bills will continue to be filed until March 12th, 2021. We will keep this page updated as more cannabis bills are filed.
- Participate in our action alerts on: Medical Cannabis | Penalty Reduction | Retail Market
- Check out our most recent Legislative Workshop. This will help you understand and engage in the legislative process.
- Submit your testimony to be used for the legislative session. Personal testimony is an effective way to communicate with lawmakers, and helps them to understand how policy impacts Texans in their everyday lives. We are working with our fellow Texans to make sure their voices are heard by legislators. We want to collect testimonies for hearing binders again this session, as well as help Texans participate in targeted actions and any other opportunities which may arise.
- Tune in for our March Meeting on Wednesday, March 3rd, 2021 at 8pm. You can watch on Facebook or Zoom. We will also post the recording to YouTube after the event.
- Register for the Virtual Lobby Day
Learn how to become a member of our organization. Make a donation towards our important work during the 2021 Legislative Session. Shop at the Texas NORML store.