Today, the Texas House of Representatives voted to approve Rep. Lucio III’s HB 1365, which allows those with debilitating conditions to access to the Texas Compassionate Use Program (T.CUP) and establish a cannabis research and review board. Now that the bill has made it out of the House, it will move on to the Senate.
Time is tight to move bills forward, so let’s prepare the Senate for this conversation.
Have an extra minute? — Call your senator!
2. Call your Texas State Senator to ask that they join 65 other legislators by becoming a co-author for this important legislation and remind them to vote YES for HB 1365 when it’s up for a vote on Monday.
Here is a script you can use:
“Hello, my name is ___ and I am a constituent. I would like to request that my senator support Representative Lucio’s HB 1365, which will help many Texans. This is important legislation that will impact many patients in Texas.”
All our priority legislation is alive and moving! But with only 21 days left in the session, every moment counts. Here are some other ways you can help:
- HB 63, a bill that would reduce the penalties for possession of 1 ounce of marijuana, passed with a bipartisan super-majority out of the House and now has been received by the Senate. Ask your Senator to support penalty reduction in Texas!
- HB 1325, a bill that would allow for agricultural growth, manufacturing and production of hemp, passed unanimously in the House and now has been received by the Senate. Ask your Senator to support industrial hemp in Texas!
- Remind the Lt Gov that his current position is out of step with the majority of Texans, including the conservative grassroots of his own party. Email or call him today!
- Directly influence legislators by participating in our Direct Actions on May 8th and May 15th. We will be distributing important information on our priority policies.
Donate to support our work at the Capitol! Now is a crucial time. We only have till the end of May to advance this important policy. You can also become a member, become a sustaining donor or purchase our merchandise.