Primary Runoff Elections are for candidate races where no one received more than 50% of the vote in the March Primaries. The two candidates with the highest number of votes face off in the Primary Runoff Election to see who will represent their party on the ballot in November.
Here is how you can prepare:
- Identify your Texas House, Texas Senate, and U.S. House Districts. Click here. If you live in a district with a runoff election, please make sure to participate.
- Review the Republican and the Democratic Candidates responses. (Libertarians have a separate process.) Reminder: If you voted in one party’s Primary in March, you can only vote in that party’s runoff. Switching parties at this time would violate election law. So stick with your party for the runoff. Find more information here.
- Remind everyone to vote!! Early Voting Starts: Monday, June 29th, 2020 | Election Day: Tuesday, July 14th, 2020. Learn about voting locations, what you need to vote and more HERE.
- Please make a donation to support this important program!
- Texans must rely on our state elected officials, specifically our state representatives and state senators (so take a close look at yours). Learn more about engaging with your legislators by reviewing our Activist Training Guide.
Texas NORML originated the first cannabis centric Voter Guide in 2012. We continued to expand the program by working with our coalition, Texans for Responsible Marijuana Policy, a broad coalition of organizations, activists, and community leaders dedicated to realizing effective, efficient, and evidence-based marijuana policies in Texas. We will also offer a General Election edition.
Please consider making a donation towards our efforts! You can also become a member or shop our merchandise. All proceeds go towards our efforts to change marijuana laws in Texas!