The primary focus of this year’s Texas Marijuana Policy Conference is to share information and rally action to advance more sensible and compassionate laws in our state. This year, in addition to powerful keynote speakers, we will host three breakout plenaries focusing on policy, advocacy, and industry.
Register now to secure your tickets, including opportunities to bundle and save on your conference registration and hotel room reservation! (The hotel discount expires the night of Thursday the 15th, so please don’t wait!) Here is just some of the content you can expect at this conference over Labor Day weekend:
Legal and Scientific Issues in Increasing Medical Cannabis Research
· Sue Sisley, MD (Lead Investigator, Scottsdale Research Institute)
· Shane Pennington (Attorney, Yetter Coleman LLP)
· Matthew Zorn (Attorney, Yetter Coleman LLP)
Investing in Cannabis with Matt Nordgren (Arcadian Fund)
Federal Marijuana Prohibition: The Current Landscape and A Review of Proposed Legislation.
· Professor Franklin Snyder (Texas A&M School of Law)
· Michael Correia (National Cannabis Industry Association)
· Justin Strekal (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws)
Professor Margo Gates (Lamar University)
Cannabis Jobs: Working in the Industry with Trey Tijerina (Texas Cannabis Business Alliance)
Marijuana Prohibition from a Law Enforcement Perspective
· Pete Stout, Ph.D (Houston Forensics Science Center)
· Shannon Edmonds (Texas District and County Attorneys Association)
· Professor Julie Stone (Adjunct professor at Texas State and former prosecutor with Texas Attorney General’s office)
Patients: Resources and what you need to know in Texas with Christina Burke (Compassionate Cultivation)
Patient Protections: Gun rights, employment, CPS, and more.
· Joshua Raines (Purple Heart recipient, patient, and advocate)
· Rachel Malone (Gun Owners of America)
· Daniel Clancy (Attorney, Former Criminal Court Judge)
Product Accountability: Labs, Testing, and Labeling with Tori Strong, Ph.D (Vyripharm Biopharmaceuticals, Texas Medical Center)
See our full event schedule here and register to attend. (Please consider an including the option to sponsor a patient or caregiver who would like to attend, but may not otherwise be able to afford to do so.)