Due to mandates that are in place, our communities find ourselves connecting virtually. In an effort to bring our community together and empower virtual activism, Texas NORML hosted a cannabis centric live stream featuring 16 speakers, including Representative Joe Moody (D-HD78), 3 musical acts and more.
“The medical, social, and economic fallout of this pandemic should be putting our priorities in perspective as a state. We can’t continue the outrageously expensive and completely ineffective ‘war on drugs’ approach to cannabis at a time when we’re going to struggle to fund schools, infrastructure, and recovery efforts. Now is the time to move beyond half-measures like decriminalization, which I’ve championed in the past, and authorize a safe, robust retail cannabis market for adult Texans.”Representative Moody on 4/20/2020
We discussed the Endocannabinoid System, cannabis interactions with prescriptions, the hemp program rollout and next steps, border issues and much more. Tune in to learn about all things 420 in Texas! (Watch.)
View agenda. Link to event page for speaker info.
Links referenced in video –
- Federal Action Page (make sure to participate in the Texas Action)
- #SaferTX Action: Contact the Governor
- May Meeting: Wednesday, May 6th 2020 at 8pm
- Virtual Meetup – Crafting Patient Testimony: Saturday, April 25th from 1-2pm
- Limited Edition 420 Stash Jar (shop all of our cool merchandise.)
- Texas NORML Memberships
- Texas Marijuana Policy Voter Guide Updates
- Activist Training Information (or participate in these 5 easy steps)
- Texas NORML Podcast
- Texas NORML Newsletter Subscription