We recap important local and national election results. Our Legal Counsel, Jamie Spencer, hosts a conversation about knowing our rights with Worth Carroll and Kristen Etter with Q&A.
- Arizona, Montana, New Jersey, South Dakota legalize marijuana
- South Dakota and Mississippi legalize medical cannabis
- (… more details)
- Note: Texas does not have ballot initiative. Learn more about the process here.
- Senate: Democrats picked up one seat in the Senate; Roland Gutierrez (D) will replace Pete Flores (R).
- House: Anna Johnson (D) will replace Sarah Davis (R) & Mike Schofield (R) will replace Gina Calanni (D)
- leaving Texas with the same D/R ratio in the House and a continued Republican majority.
- Speaker Race: The House will officially elect a speaker on the first day of the legislative session in January 2021.