2020 will be an important and foundational year. Since 2020 is an interim year, we will have interim charges, regulatory movement, important elections happening and many important events. These will create more momentum and set the stage for the 87th Legislative Session which starts in Jan 2021. We have one year and a lot of work to do!
Save these important dates:
- January Monthly Meeting: 1/8/20 – Our monthly meetings are hosted in Austin. We livestream these events through our Facebook page and later post them to our Youtube channel.
- Primary Election Voter Guide Release: Late January – Check out the three ways you can prepare for the primary elections, as well as voting dates and information.
- February Monthly Meeting: 2/5/20 – In February, we will be hosting a Primary Candidate Forum for candidates running for state and federal offices in the greater Austin-area.
- March Monthly Meeting: 3/4/20 – Content to be announced.
- Official SXSW Meet Up: Changing Cannabis Policy in Texas: 3/19/20 – With 86% of Texans supporting substantive law change, how do we create pressure during the interim so that we can be successful during the 2021 legislative session? #SXSWTexasNORML
- Texas Cannabis Kickoff: 3/18/20 – Join us to kick off the start of the Cannabusiness track for SXSW with this event hosted at the iconic Flamingo Cantina. Enjoy speakers, live music, vendors and more! Learn about sponsorship opportunities. Vendor information to be announced.
- April Monthly Meeting: 4/1/20 – Content to be announced.
- Putt n Putt Veteran Benefit: 4/4/20 – Join us at the legendary Willie Nelson’s Cut-N-Putt Golf Course located in Spicewood, Texas for this family-friendly event that benefit veterans. We will raise funds for Texas NORML’s mission to gain safe access to cannabis for adults with a focus on supporting Texas Veterans and their fight to re-legalize cannabis. Learn about sponsorship opportunities. Vendor and general admission information to be announced.
- May Monthly Meeting: 5/6/20 – Content to be announced.
- June Monthly Meeting: 6/3/20 – Content to be announced.
- July Monthly Meeting: 7/1/20 – Content to be announced.
- August Monthly Meeting: 8/5/20 – Content to be announced.
- September Monthly Meeting: 9/2/20 – In September, we will host a voter registration drive in addition to scheduled content. Make sure you are registered to vote!
- October Monthly Meeting: 10/7/20 – In October, we will be hosting a Candidate Forum for candidates running for state and federal offices in the greater Austin-area.
- Member’s Mixer: 10/24/20 – Save the date for this private event for members and their guests. Become a member today!
- General Election: 11/3/20 – We will update our voter guide page with general election dates and information after the primaries conclude.
- November Monthly Meeting: 11/4/20 – In November, we will discuss election results in addition to scheduled content.
- December Monthly Meeting: 12/2/20 – In December, we will highlight any pre-filed legislation and discuss the upcoming 87th Legislative Session.
- 87th Legislative Session Begins! 1/12/21
We will keep you updated on new content, events or any changes via our event page. We will also share any coalition partner events that may be of interest, like the 10 city advocacy workshop tour happening in January. We will also feature limited edition merchandise.
Reminder: Texas NORML Podcast Episode 1: Released 1/6/20 – Tune in and listen to our bimonthly podcast. In episode 1, you will hear from our Executive Director, Jax Finkel, about the state of activism in Texas, and what’s next as we prepare for the 2021 session! Learn about sponsorship opportunities.